• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Front FSVT rotors with CSVT calipers?

AGrayson84

CEG'er
Hi everyone, my CSVT currently has FSVT rotors, FSVT calipers, and FSVT pads up front. From my understanding, for best braking potential I want the CSVT front calipers (larger piston bore) and the FSVT pads (more contact area).

I did some searching and can't find the answer I need. What exactly is required to use the FSVT pads on the CSVT caliper? I obviously already have a caliper relocation kit (assuming the NPG kit) to be running the 300mm FSVT front rotors, just need to know what needs to be done to switch back to the CSVT caliper. Thanks!

If you have the larger rotors and the fsvt caliper brackets or adapters as the Op does than he can use csvt caliper with fsvt pads. I know this from first hand experience.

To agrayson all you need is the calipers themselves and your set.

Thanks solo. I heard that using the FSVT pads with the CSVT calipers requires some sort of modification to the steel retaining spring, and the backing of the pad. Can you confirm that? Thanks again!

-Andrew

Nothing to the backing of the pad. Maybe need to spread out the spring retainers that go inside the piston cup keeping the pad centered. The pads I happened to use were ok without modification. The retaining spring on the outside I used the csvt and they worked fine. Fsvt retaining springs seemed a little small so I stuck with the csvt.

Sounds pretty straight-forward! Any recommendations on FSVT ceramic pads for the front that should fit work with the the CSVT caliper and FSVT rotor?

Back