• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear caliper will not align..HELP!!

99svtc

CEG'er
So my front e brake cable snapped and I got a replacement lever/cable. I have it connected to the rear cables but I couldn't get the handle up far enough to bolt it down(not knowing you can release the mechanism to get more slack), so I removed the rear calipers....

I have the slack I need now, but I cannot get the passenger rear caliper to line up to screw in the top bolt (it's solo close). I've since unbolted the lever and tried to pull the cable back for more slack in the rear, but the e brake cable is still giving some tension so the caliper is slanted a bit.

Went from having a drivable car with no e brake to big paper weight :)

The car is a 99 svt...Please help!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Just to clarify the handle is released correct? I have made that mistake before. Also are the rear cables released. They could be seized.

Being the closet mechanic I am(this svt has given me very little issues over 5 years) i was making it harder than it had to be. Still had the cable connected to the caliper. Released, mounted the caliper, reattached the cable. Everything seems to be in working order now! I think I just needed that small break.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Back