• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brake question?

dob01

CEG'er
Alright peeps I am an Avid fan of car show Overhaulin,PMR etc etc.
I noticed on Overhaulin that Foose always uses BAER brakes,my question is are these available for the tour/mondy ,was on their website but couldnt access the application guide.:help:

Yes, there is a Baer kit for the contour. You're better off with something from Brembo or AP racing though. I'm pretty sure AP has some Mondy kits that you can get "locally".
The Baer kit for the Contour isn't much more than an OEM caliper from an older Mustang or Corvette over a larger single piece rotor. If you were here, its a decent choice, but the shipping will kill you, as well replacement rotor costs.

Cheers for the info m8.Yup AP and Brembo are the kits go for over here or the Focus 300mm conversion.Just a thought to try something different.

Baer makes good brakes but because Chip Foose uses them is no reason to think they are good.

There is a Wilwood kit on BAT's website for not too much. Baer as pointed out is used alot on Mustang Cobras and Corvettes. Generally two piston floating calipers. Better than our single pistons but I would much rather have a 4 piston.

These shows are fun to watch and often good sales leads but....

I was asked some years ago to supply a kit for a car- SRT4 I think, and they wanted the kit for free. Then they had the never to want to sell me air time for it on the install on top of that.

Let me se....$1300 in free brakes....
Travel to the show to be there to help with it if I wished....
Be a "lead" project for $11,000....eerrrrt! Back up. Say what??

Umm, no thanks.

The cheaper the parts and the less air time it's given (think of those product on the floor shots that last about 20sec the less cost for the vendor. The least expesive was about $1700 if I remember right.

Cool m8 good insight on how these shows are put together always wondered why in some of them they never show the ice install or exhaust going on.Do they really do a car in the 7 days???

Back