• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Leaking reservoir!?

allstyle12

CEG'er
Have any of you had to replace the Master Cylinder Reservoir when you replaced the Master Cylinder? I just installed my new M/C and now, its leaking. Should I just exchange the M/C for a new one or try and find a new reservoir?

Thanks in advance.

One should not affect the other. Before spending money on the new reservoir, check if the hose clamps are on tight. If the reservoir is cracked, yes, do change it. If not, clean it up and sprinkle some talcum power on the areas you think are leaking. The leak(s) should be very pronounced within a few hours.

One should not affect the other. Before spending money on the new reservoir, check if the hose clamps are on tight. If the reservoir is cracked, yes, do change it. If not, clean it up and sprinkle some talcum power on the areas you think are leaking. The leak(s) should be very pronounced within a few hours.

Thanks for your response. I checked and it's not leaking from the hose that the clamp is on. It's leaking from the bottom of the M/C reservoir where it goes into the M/C. I think it might be the seals are bad in the new M/C. Man, what a pain.

Back