• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

help!!!

svtique99

CEG'er
Ok so I order new brakes for my mystique. Didn't realize I ordered svt brakes until I tried to put them on. So with saying that. What do I need to install svt brakes onto my mystique. I have searched and cant find any real answers. Is it just the bracket or do I need the caliper also? Any help would be very great and also where can I get the brackets or is anyone selling them right now and wants to sell them at a decent pricve. Will I need front and rear brackets or are just the fronts different size. Thank you!!!

For 99 mystique you have the same brake calipers as a later 99 and 2000 svt. The front brake rotor is larger and the caliper bracket is different on the SVT to match. So your new rotors are the 10.94in or 278mm diameter? Ask for a set of brackets for a E1 svt on the classifieds. I might have an extra set of brackets saved myself.

The caliper bracket is matched to the caliper. So there are two SVT calipers/brackets out there. As long as you don't have E0 calipers (larger pads) then you would just need the bracket from a SVT or Sport Model Cougar to fit the 278mm rotors.

Back