• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cobra setup questions

Thanks for the tip btw I flipped the brackets and no more clunk lol I didn't even think about taking pics until it was back on the ground by which time it was already too dark.

Glad it worked out for you. I personally have my reservations about spacing the bracket with washers. I wish there was a better solution. I think I'll mock it up and see if I want to machine the bracket or space it off like you did. I don't understand why it does work like rara planned.

Just figured I'd give an update on this thread I've been running this setup for about 25,000 miles now with no issues what so ever.

I have an annoyingly light clunk every time I hit the brakes I know exactly whats causing it but not how to fix it my taurus with this setup never did this I don't know why it's doing it on this car :/. Basically the pin that holds the caliper in as well as the little spring clips aren't holding the caliper tight enough so every time I hit the brakes it shifts just a little bit in the bracket causing my light clunk annoying as fook.

You need to flip the calipers and brackets left for right so the pin sits to the back/top of the caliper. If you're running the L caliper on the L side of the car etc, your bleeder screw is also at the bottom of the caliper...nono. 30 minute job start to finish. Where did you get mounting brackets from?

Back