• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new brakes

i know that tha fsvt front setup will work on my csvt. but i need to bo my back brakes too, will my csvt front setup fit onto the back of my csvt (rotor and caliper). i thought i saw a post on this somewhere but couldnt find it,and the old forums just had the fsvt front swap
thanks
Jon

Near the end of this thread you will find pictures of Warmongers big brake kit where the STOCK front caliper are retained, front and back, and Focus SVT front rotors uses on front and Contour SVT front rotors are moved to the back.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=5677

This is probably what you are thinking about. Warmonger's special buy sold out. Unless you find someone that bought the kit and didn't install it, they are no longer available.

Here is some more about the installation of the kit.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=1798

Last edited:
That's a no. To put the front calipers out back requires an adapter bracket and some grinding & what-not. Hence the Warmonger kit.

The Warmonger does not move the front calipers to the back. Stock calipers are kept in their normal places, front in front and rear in rear.

The Warmonger kit allows the use of Focus SVT 300 mm rotors in front and the Contour SVT 280 mm rotors in the rear, but it keeps the stock caliper in the original positions.

so i cant just throw fsvt calipers and rotors on the front? i need the warmonger kit. what about if i move the whole front assembly to the back?

You can install the Focus SVT calipers and rotors on the front. When you order new FSVT calipers from Ford, they come with brackets. If bolted just as they are, the caliper will not be centered over the rotor, so it is necessary to space it out slightly. The usual way is to use stainless steel washers.

Do a search on this. There is a lot of info on this mod.

The advantage of the Warmonger kit is that you don't have to buy the Focus SVT calipers so it is less expensive with about the same result.

Many who bought only the rear Warmonger kit already had Focus SVT front rotors and calipers.

Check out car-part.com and search for Focus SVT front brakes. Call around to the places that have them.

I got the entire setup for around $125 shipped to my door. Calipers and rotors were like new and pads were fine too. Buy 4 bolts from Ford dealer (W500443-S426) and 2 packs of stainless steel "Belleville" washers from McMaster Carr (pt #96475K267), and you are set.

Back