• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ABS Light will not go out

volcar

New CEG'er
During the recent holidays I installed the front struts & springs from the Koni Suspension Kit that I purchased a few months ago I also replaced the LCA's (4 bolt type), Tie Rod Ends, Strut mount bearings & Stabilizer Bar Rubbers. All went well with the installation & while I am not very happy with the lower stance of the vehicle the ride & handling has improved & I suspect it will improve even further after installation of the rear struts & springs. However, I am now having a problem with my ABS light, it will not go out & checks of the wheel sensors shows no obvious signs of damage. Consequently I am using this medium to ascertain whether anyone has any advice/comments on how I can diagnosis this problem i.e. what is the appropriate tool to use (I have located the data port). I have access to a OTC Genisys scan tool, however, it's does not have the required connector for the ABS data port.
All advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

That or one of the teeth that is read by the sensor is broken off. You could have broke a coupe when you put the suspension parts on? Or it could be your ABS ECU Modulator.

what year is this thing. and if it does have the seperate abs port the only way you will get a code is if you go to the ford dealer, takes a special cable.

also just noticed your location, what do you need ABS for anyway. see alot of snow and ice down there:cool:

Thanks for all the response folks it's greatly appreciated. LLADNAR it's a 1996 LX & no we do not have snow here in Jamaica, however, we do have a lot of rain & the quality of our roads are not compatible with those in the USA. I will have it scanned in order to ascertain the reason for the light not extinguishing. Thanks again.

Well Folks I had a diagnostic scan of the system done today & it turned out that the left hand front sensor has an open circuit. I have ordered the replacement sensor & will install it upon receipt I will advise you all of the outcome. Thanks for all the input it's greatly appreciated.

all will be good with that new sensor, as long as the sensor eliminates that open circuit anywayz. but yea abs light equals computer shuttin down the ABS system.

Back