• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

cross drilled and slotted rotors

The pattern is the same as the Focus SVT front rotors I just installed on my Contour SVT when I did the Warmonger kit install last June. They work fine for me. Look good too.

i have some on my svt and i hate the brake dust that comes with them. im going back to blanks. and mine have seem to wear away fast. the rotors that is.

Likely that is from the type of pad you are running. I have very little dust. Pad or rotor wear have never been much of a problem for me. The original pads lasted 150,000 miles.

I sent him a pm hopefully I hear something soon I want to do new pads with the new rotors and i need rotors bad lol

You'll have to let us know, I thought about purchasing the E-Bay rotors since they are so much cheaper than the ones on like SP Motorsports, but I was unsure of the quality,

Well if you're looking at crossdrilled rotors you obviously are looking to save weight in your rotors... go all the way with some 2 piece rotors with aluminum hats.

i will say that mine cool off so fast. what pads would you guys say i should use. mine put out alot of dust with the drilled/slotted rotors. i have mintex

I bought some from ebay. Not from this guy, but they look similar. Hopefully yours won't rust like mine

Ya I got some cheapos from the bay too like 1 year ago, turned to crap and rust, these ones you got look pretty decent, if they come like the ones pictured lol. I just had drilled ones, not slotted and drilled. Like I said mine were cheap. Im going to blanks next, you should do these types of rotors at least once just to try em out anyway lol. whats a 100 bucks get ya these days, nada.

Back