• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Called Ford today

delkra

CEG'er
I found a hairline crack in the cap on my brake master cylinder. So I decided to get a new one. I called the Ford dealership today. They told me they can get it, but it will cost...

$43.50

WTF???:mad::mad: For a freakin' plastic cap? Are you kidding me?:shocked: $5 would already be way too much. I bought the car for 200 bucks. What happens if it needs a new radiator cap someday --- is it just totaled? Walking around at night in the wrong area of Philly with 43.50 could get you a whole different kind of cap (in the a**).

Even the parts guy at the dealership was surprised. I think Ford's pissed it didn't get a bailout from Uncle Sam or something.

Worst part is, there is no aftermarket replacement apparently... AutoZone, Peppy's and NAPA all said they don't have a part for it.:nonono:

Sorry for the rant, but does anyone know where I can get an MC cap that does not cost more than its weight in gold?:confused:

-Mark-

why would you get something like that from a dealer? check the classifieds for someone parting out a car or go to a junkyard.

I bet you have to buy the whole resivior also...

I just threw out 3 of those caps. Put a WTB ad up in the classifieds for one and say you only have $5 to spend :rolleyes:.

Worst part is, there is no aftermarket replacement apparently... AutoZone, Peppy's and NAPA all said they don't have a part for it.:nonono:

Sorry for the rant, but does anyone know where I can get an MC cap that does not cost more than its weight in gold?:confused:

What they didnt tell you is that they usually have a selection of more universal caps in the Help section that might work. If not it might be time to mighty putty the crack and forget about it.

Back