• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vibrating...

mystiquevltwin

Hard-core CEG'er
So recently I switched the rear drum's to disc's. The instal went well and I got everything on ok, but sometimes, I will get a loud vibration from the passenger side rear disc.

What is causing this? I am getting full contact with the rotor, and it only does it when i am about half-way on the brake and/or lightly pressing it.

The car stops fine and from what i can feel, there is no difference in brake pattern.

Whats going on?

They are brand new. All the bots are on there straight and securly. Could it be the clip that connects the caliper to the bracket assembly?

The pads just sit in that bracket...could they be not fully seated because of rust or somthing?

Problem resolved. It happened to be 2 problems. One of the screws that hold the mounting bracket to the hub was a bit loose, and surface rust had built up on the bracket which was rubbing on the disc when I pressed the brakes.

Filled down some of the rust and tightened up the bolt and she is as good as new!

Back