• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what causes this?

GT2SVT

CEG'er
the other side is just fine.

2009_0730dtour0005.jpg

2009_0730dtour0004.jpg

It looks bad but it doesnt affect performance. If it really bothers you you can always hit it with some primer spray the next time you have the wheel off.

It looks bad but it doesnt affect performance. If it really bothers you you can always hit it with some primer spray the next time you have the wheel off.
many primers will absorb water :shrug:

haha no not the rust guys, i'm just wondering why the brake pads are not making full contact with the rotor. car doesn't seem to stop as well as it should be.

Oh ok.

How do you know they arent making full contact? Not all pads touch 100% of the rotor out to the edge. Thats why most rotors have a lip when they're worn.

Oh ok.

How do you know they arent making full contact? Not all pads touch 100% of the rotor out to the edge. Thats why most rotors have a lip when they're worn.

yea I know what you mean, maybe I just got some bad pads. cause the other side doesn't have that ring of rust from not making contact. i'll look into it again.

yea I know what you mean, maybe I just got some bad pads. cause the other side doesn't have that ring of rust from not making contact. i'll look into it again.

The surest way to check would be to pull the pads and take a look at them. They should both be flat all the way across and anything else will tell you you maybe have a shim problem, a retainer problem or a even a piston problem.

:nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono:

Wah wah. :crazy:

Back