• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

rotors

97ct

CEG'er
the slotted and drilled rotors you find on ebay, are they any good because there really cheap?

Results may vary but the ones on my car are drilled and slotted from an ebay purchase. They are fine. I bought a set about four years ago (all four). I bought two more when I did the Warmonger upgrade and installed the larger FSVT rotors on the front and moved the old front to the back. The two purchases were from different vendors.

I also have a set (not drilled and slotted) on the front of the Escape. They are much better than the factory rotors.

As he said results may vary. Keep in mind those drilled rotors are much more likely to develop stress cracks and cant be turned by a normal shop so you'll end up tossing them before they're fully worn out.

yah thats what i thought. but im planning on getting aftermarket rims so would like the brakes to look good

As he said results may vary. Keep in mind those drilled rotors are much more likely to develop stress cracks and cant be turned by a normal shop so you'll end up tossing them before they're fully worn out.

Good point. I usually stress that drilled and slotted do nothing for brake performance. Only do it for the looks.

In my opinion, you are not likely to have cracking problems due to being drilled and slotted on a street driven car, but the risk is there. On a race car it is another matter. Drilled and slotted do crack sooner and need to be watched carefully.

Attempting to turn rotors for modern cars is a waste. They come too thin. Might as well just get new rotors. It's not like the old days were you could turn the rotors on your car 5, 6, or 7 times.

Usually thats the case. Some rotors come beefier than others but they're cheap enough to just replace when you do the pads in my mind.

Back