• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

E0 with pad wear sensor?

imnotacop420

Squire of Awesome
I just received my new front pads and rotors, EBC greenstuff and EBC rotors. My pads came with sensors built into them. None of my previous pads came with the sensors. Did some E0's come with pad wear sensors? I haven't tried installing them yet, but holding them up to my caliper it looks like they are the same size. If they fit I'll probably just cut the sensor off .........

Just had an idea, I guess when I get home I'll print the BAT page that has the pad template on it :cool:

either way I would Like to know if the pad wear sensors came on E0's??

as far as i know the only car that came with wear sensors were the 99 cougars. You might not have gotten the right pads.

only cougars had the wear sensors. I have always heard if you get pads with them that you just need to cut the wires off. I would definately confirm the pad size against what on the car when you take it off the car.

only cougars had the wear sensors. I have always heard if you get pads with them that you just need to cut the wires off. I would definately confirm the pad size against what on the car when you take it off the car.
exactly what i thought which means if he has an E0 then he got the wrong pads beacause the cougars never cae with the E0 caliper only the E1 style

Yeah, i dont think EBC makes pads for the E0 style caliper. i have the redstuff pads on my SVT, but its a 2000 so i have the standard caliper.

The counter guy at summit racing asked for my vin # so he could make sure I was getting the right pads. I held them up to my caliper, it looks like they should fit.....I'll wait till it's all apart before I cut them off. The rotors look pretty nice too!

Thanks guys!

My first set of replacement pads, Motorcraft, had sensors. They were the correct pads. I just cut the wires off.

The sensors were a more common option for the Mondeo, so don't be surprised to see some cross over, especially on something that had such a limited run.

I remember when I was trying to get pads for my front calipers that no one had the right size. They kept trying to sell me the newer style pad. I finally went to Tousley Ford and talked to Steve (now you need to talk to Mike M. BTW) and he told me he could get me the right pads, but he could sell me the Cougar pads cheaper. He told me the Cougar pads were exactly the same with the exception of the wear sensor. He just told me to cut it off and there would be no problems. That's what I did and I've been running the pads for a few years up until I put my Baer kit on.

i got my front pads from autozone. i tried napa and oriley's first, and neither could give me the right pads. they were too small.

so i went to autozone, they asked what year, specified SVT, asked if they have wear sensors or not. i said no, and they gave me the right pads. next time i need pads i'm going to do a brake upgrade though :D

Back