• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Changing rear pads and rotors

pipedsvt

CEG'er
I have to change my rear pads and rotors because they are up for a new set. I know the rotors don't have to be anything special, just regular contour rotors. Will regular contour brakes pads work or do i need svt contour brake pads? Will they both work?

lol svt rotors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are bigger than reg tour rotors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol svt rotors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are bigger than reg tour rotors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: :help:

Rear is the same as any Contour/Mystique. No changes in pads or rotors on the SVT.

Now might be a good time to do everything with the warmonger upgradge. My brakes have been telling me they need done soon and that is what I'm doing. Way more stopping power.

Now might be a good time to do everything with the warmonger upgradge. My brakes have been telling me they need done soon and that is what I'm doing. Way more stopping power.

I also might paln on doing that, but after I get the major issues fixed 1st ;)

Don't forget to use some fresh fluid. That's a sometimes overlooked part of replacing pads and rotors.

Back