• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford racing SVT focus brake kit

they upgrade to the larger 300mm rotors from the FSVT. they do that using brackets sold by Nautilus Performance to move the stock caliper bracket and caliper far enough out to clear the rotor.

NPG

you want to check out the nautilus perfromance group brake adapters that allow you to use SVT focus Rotors up front and move the SVT contour front rotors to the back an affordable alternative to get bigger brakes.

I'm running SVT Focus front rotors and calipers right now with Warmonger's caliper brackets in back to fit the 'front' SVT rotors (new parts machined to minimum thickness). Braided lines all around.

SVT Focus front calipers fit perfectly by using longer bolts and hardened washers. I have the hardware part numbers somewhere. I'll post them when I can.

not without a custom bracket to bolt the caliper bracket to the knuckle since the focus brackets dont have the same bolt spacing as ours.
you can do the FSVT rotors with either the NPG Kit and svt calipers or with some washers and the FSVT calipers. Come on Daniel:nonono:

you can do the FSVT rotors with either the NPG Kit and svt calipers or with some washers and the FSVT calipers. Come on Daniel:nonono:

yes but there are focus brake kits that will not work because the hubs are different. been discussed a few times before.

I did not know that. I guess i should keep an eye out for a FSVT at the pull-a-part:laugh:

yes but there are focus brake kits that will not work because the hubs are different. been discussed a few times before.
Thats probably what i was thinking of

The link posted at the top WILL work on a contour, provided you use 3mm spacers (prefer a hardened washer type spacer here to prevent the bolts from loosening up) and longer OEM style brake mounting bolts to attach them to your knuckles.

Kits designed for a REGULAR focus will not work, becuase of the different style of knuckle. the FSVT and Contour (all contours, not just SVTs) have the same style of brake caliper attachment, so they are much easier to adapt. (Note, the knuckles themselves are not interchangeable, so don't bother asking)

Wouldn't it be cheaper to source the SVTF calipers and brackets from Jenkins? Could probably buy the rotors from Napa. Just need the 3mm spacers.

So technically, If you purchase a Big Brake Kit for a FOCUS SVT such as Brembo's Gran Turismo Series or Rotora's BBKs, It will fit on a Contour SVT???

- amyn

Back