• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

another Bendix Titanium failure

bxd20

CEG'er
1999 SVT.

I put these front pads on around 2003 and have 40k mostly highway miles on them.

30k miles later, the pads are probably 25% worn, still very thick. But I heard a clunking noise and sure enough the pad separated from the backing.

Same thing as this guys:

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...0886&page=7&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=all&fpart=1

Unfortunately I also installed Bendix Titaniums on my Cutlass shortly after the SVT install so I might be getting another failure soon.

I think I'm going Morse Ceramics next. Car is not tracked, rarely driven aggressively on the street. I thought the dusting of the Titanium's wasn't that much better than stock.

Brian

Put on the Morse Ceramics. Stopping power doesn't seem any worse to me. Should dust a lot less. Only 30 miles on them so far but I'm pleased.

Any issues before this happened? I have these on the front discs and all of a sudden I'm noticing that the car pulls to one side during braking. They don't sound funny, but they just pull.

titaniumetallics are on 2 of our cars. i put them on the front and rears of my moms olds intrigue, and they are awesome. put them on my sisters taurus, and once again awesome pads. the bite they have is insane compared to anything else ive used.

now i will never use ceramic pads ever again. all the different ceramic pads ive used cause rotor warp. resurface the rotors again, swap pads, and never happens again. now hawk pads are awesome. my friend with a turbo saturn keeps using them and he cant go without them. car went down the track 7 times the other day trapping around 97mph each time, never once faded or anything. other guys have loved hawks too

Never had an issue with Bandix Ti's. Put them on my SE, on my Baers, on my SHO, and now my winter setup in SVTF calipers.

Any issues before this happened? I have these on the front discs and all of a sudden I'm noticing that the car pulls to one side during braking. They don't sound funny, but they just pull.

More likely that it's a hose or caliper issue than a pad issue.

Steve

didn't mean to bring up old thread. just wanted to add to it.

my front driver bendix ti's just separated and was broken up in a few pieces towards the bottom of the pad (closer to the ground side). the outer one is ok. the piston one split. front passenger side is ok. pads are 5 years old and about 50k miles. they made no noise, never gave me problems. not an agressive driver. i do live in CT so car sees new england weather like all our other cars. just ordered hawk hps pads.

For some reason was just browsing through and noticed this thread...

Add me to the list. About 30k, mostly highway so little brake use... Tons of pad material left as you can see. Two Erie, PA winters is what I attribute to the delamination. Must have gotten a healthy dose of salt/water/snow solution, then sat all week+ while I was at school and corrosion seperated them.

Piston side pads both failed, and the other two were on their way. Such a relief to recently discover what the problem was. I have been writing it off as just a random creek in 130k mile suspension components. Was touching up the caliper and rotor hat paint when I finally discovered it...

Pics!

100_1711.jpg

overall.jpg

and to think those were the same pads I wanted to get when it's time to get my brake job done, thank god I changed my mind!!!!

Back