• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'99 CSVT Brake Issues

tim_ir

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I've been having trouble getting the front rotors off of my car today.

On the passenger side, I face a stripped anchor plate bolt.

One the driver side, all the bolts are off but the rotor doesn't seem to want to come off. It is slightly loose but won't allow me to remove and replace it.

Any help with either of these issues would be much appreciated.

Anchor plate bolt? What are you talking about? Anywho I'm sure they're pretty rusted on. If you search there should be plenty of help. There was a post very recently on someone having an issue.

Well, I got the driver side rotor off, but I still have yet to finish off the stripped bolt. That link you gave me led to a post about headers, which didn't really explain much as I'm working on brakes.

Does anyone know where I might get replacement bolts at a decent price? Aside from Ford, of course. I'm looking for and anchor plate bolt as well as a caliper bolt.

I really need to move out of this frigid wasteland.

Does anyone know where I might get replacement bolts at a decent price? Aside from Ford, of course. I'm looking for and anchor plate bolt as well as a caliper bolt.

Did you round off the head of the bolt you're having trouble with?
I assume you mean the caliper bracket bolts when you say anchor plate? These bolts have Loctite on them, always use a 6 point socket when trying to remove, as you probably know now.

Call Bill Jenkins @ Teamford Las Vegas especially for the caliper bolt, at 800-791-6436

PullAPart...

PullAPart...

Well, I got the driver side rotor off, but I still have yet to finish off the stripped bolt. That link you gave me led to a post about headers, which didn't really explain much as I'm working on brakes.

I really need to move out of this frigid wasteland.

PullAPart is your friend...I cant count how many times Ive gotten replacement bolts, fasteners, etc. from them and if Im just getting a handful of bolts the girl there doesnt even charge me, apart from the $1 yard fee. Also AutoZone/Advance/Napa often carry "accessory" packs, e.g., for the brake calipers that include new dust boots, rattle springs, etc., so you dont have to purchase a new calpier.

PullAPart is your friend...I cant count how many times Ive gotten replacement bolts, fasteners, etc. from them and if Im just getting a handful of bolts the girl there doesnt even charge me, apart from the $1 yard fee. Also AutoZone/Advance/Napa often carry "accessory" packs, e.g., for the brake calipers that include new dust boots, rattle springs, etc., so you dont have to purchase a new calpier.
you bumped a year and a half old thread to talk about pull a part? lol

Back