• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Front Brake Pads

terryford8

CEG'er
I have BAT Big Brake Kit FRONT (278mm) rotors on my 99 mercery mystique LS
My Canadian supplier sold me Stoptech posiquiet exended wear ceramic FRONT pads.....part 106.0648

Now having really hard time replacing them..i found these at Amazon.ca...it says they will fit 99 Ford Contour SVT
Other internet sites say they only fit regular contour/mystique

Any help clearing this up would be deeply appreciated...doug
https://www.amazon.ca/Power-Stop-16...=1483303368&sr=1-1&keywords=power+stop+16-648

Attachments

• photo17481.jpg
    photo17481.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17482.jpg
    photo17482.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 0
Dear Chris..Thank you so much for the reply...
lol Chris is my "Canadian Supplier" and a dear friend that has helped me out so many times thru CTA Motorsports
So many of the BAT parts on my Merc MystiqueSVT came thru his shop
Late Late one cold Friday night I couldn't remove my stock Rear sway bar to install BAT 21mm bar
Tried pulling off the wheels etc etc...was in despair..contacted Chris...PRESTO..just pull the bar straight down!!!
Worked like a charm...
Chris its slowly coming back into my old old brain...the BAT kit changed the rotor but I am still using my stock brake caliper thus
my car uses STOCK Front brake pads...
many thanks
doug
Photo1 early days before full SVT body kit
Photo2...Getting ready for winter and installing Blu_Fuz dual exhaust tips suggested by another great member Joe B

Attachments

• DSC_7010 New Muffler tip old cutoff units at Direct muffler.jpg
    DSC_7010 New Muffler tip old cutoff units at Direct muffler.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0210 Fixing the Floor.jpg
    DSC_0210 Fixing the Floor.jpg
    636.8 KB · Views: 0
  • my wheels (2).jpg
    my wheels (2).jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 0
No Title

Dear Chris..Thank you so much for the reply...
lol Chris is my "Canadian Supplier" and a dear friend that has helped me out so many times thru CTA Motorsports
So many of the BAT parts on my Merc MystiqueSVT came thru his shop
Late Late one cold Friday night I couldn't remove my stock Rear sway bar to install BAT 21mm bar
Tried pulling off the wheels etc etc...was in despair..contacted Chris...PRESTO..just pull the bar straight down!!!
Worked like a charm...
Chris its slowly coming back into my old old brain...the BAT kit changed the rotor but I am still using my stock brake caliper thus
my car uses STOCK Front brake pads...
many thanks
doug
Photo1 early days before full SVT body kit
Photo2...Getting ready for winter and installing Blu_Fuz dual exhaust tips suggested by another great member Joe B

Attachments

• photo17483.jpg
    photo17483.jpg
    636.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17484.jpg
    photo17484.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17485.jpg
    photo17485.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 0
Doug, I am a bit envious as I have a 98 Mystique LS that looks like a twin to yours (at least it did once-mine is rusty and it does not have the SVT stuff). For some unknown reason mine has the tag riveted to the radiator support that says "CANADA" even though the car was sold new and has always resided in the states.

radiator support that says "CANADA" Hey larsofvt sorry for late reply poor health..I forgot to get replacement coverage..lol...on this 65 yr old body....I am going to have to look for that Tag but my oldest son had a front end accident with my car.Stupidly I let the "best" bodyshop in town work on it...they used cheapo replacement parts everywhere.The headlights were the worst..took me awhile to realize why I couldn't see at night.I threw them in the garbage and got OEM units.HISTORY repeats....I always loved my Dad_ for asking if I was OK _after i damaged his new car....So 40 yrs later...I was just grateful my son was OK when he crashed my car.

Back