brake line fitting thread size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake line fitting thread size?

Does anyone know for sure what the fitting size is off the hardlines? The ones that thread into the hoses? Front specifically, rear would be nice too

I've heard multiple answers.......
    '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 Forged Ovalport 3L Supercharged

IIRC they are bubble flare in the rear. You can get a bubble flare to standard flare adaptor then use standard flare tubing ends or premade tubing.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/se...ts=20&sortBy=1
    Now driving around in ronssvt's old car Sold on 8/5/2014

Now own a diesel Jeep Liberty for family trips and so daughter can borrow an automatic car.

Comment

Just remember the rears changed through the years or with the brake configuration of the car.
      - 12 Focus SE
      - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
      - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

Comment

No not the flares I need the thread size. Fronts I heard m8 x 1.0 but that doesn't seem correct.

Comment

Yes, I could use this information as well....my '95 had drums - now has rear discs. Prob I ran into was that the rear disc lines are the incorrect 'gender' for mating to my existing rear hard lines. I used the proportioning valves as a "gender bender", but now I have very little rear disc brake action due to having these proportioning valves/gender benders in place while also having the factory stock proportioning valves at the master cylinder. If I knew the thread size, I could buy "gender benders" to install and restore my rear brake action.

Comment

Yes i have somthing along those lines that needs tinkering... Anyone?

Comment

No one knows?

Comment

The thread size is M10x1.0
                #3337 '98 E0 Black & Blue 230,000+ miles 3L Part Out
                #3730 '98 E0 Race Car 3L LSD Koni/GC's PRT strut towers Aussie rear bar Other things and stuff
                2014 Focus ST ST3 White RADO grey wheels CP-e stage 2 rear mount
                2007 Mazdaspeed6 Red BONE STOCK

Comment

Thank you!!! Makes the waiting all the more worth it!! I take it line size is 3/16th?

Comment

Originally posted by contour_r_us View Post
                    Thank you!!! Makes the waiting all the more worth it!! I take it line size is 3/16th?
                    Yes, the line size is 3/16".
                    #3337 '98 E0 Black & Blue 230,000+ miles 3L Part Out
                    #3730 '98 E0 Race Car 3L LSD Koni/GC's PRT strut towers Aussie rear bar Other things and stuff
                    2014 Focus ST ST3 White RADO grey wheels CP-e stage 2 rear mount
                    2007 Mazdaspeed6 Red BONE STOCK

Comment

Working...
                    X