• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hid

ScorelessThrone

New CEG'er
Can you get HID headlights on a 1999 contour se?
If so where would I find them online for a good price and quality?

Just order a quality kit, DDM Tuning is a good place to order from, you just need to order a 9006 conversion kit

I've been running DDM kits for 3 years now. Never really had an issue with any of the kits I had. On the other hand, I've had friends that have had to send the ballasts back for replacement.

I haven't had any problems with my DDM kit. However, you will not get true HID light output/cutoff in the stock housings, and it's illegal in most (if not all) states to run HID bulbs in housings that weren't designed for them. The light output can be blinding for other drivers. I have mine aimed very low, and try not to drive at night in the SVT, but when I do, I get flashed ALL the time. If I had time, skill, and extra cash to make my own set of projectors, I would - they look awesome. At this point, though, I'm trying to convince myself to keep the SVT, and throwing more money/parts into her is just silly.

The light output can be blinding for other drivers. I have mine aimed very low, and try not to drive at night in the SVT, but when I do, I get flashed ALL the time.

That is interesting. What watt kit did you get? With a 35 watt kit, the lights aimed down alittle and eyelids on my headlights I have never gotten flashed. Maybe aiming them to low just put more glare out of the light?

Back