• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Difference tail lights

Is there any difference in the post 98 vs the 98 and up tail lights ? I got a post 98 a
Trunk and my tailings don't line up with the trunk lights and trunk is perfect . I know this is dumb question but had to ask thanks

I found out something about this yesterday on my junkyard mission. Sometime in 98 they switched tail light housings. There were two different taillamp bulb holders used in 98. I found several housings in good shape, but they had the early style lampholder. All the later style (like my 99) were all broken.

I found out something about this yesterday on my junkyard mission. Sometime in 98 they switched tail light housings. There were two different taillamp bulb holders used in 98. I found several housings in good shape, but they had the early style lampholder. All the later style (like my 99) were all broken.
Correct, the reflectors are the same in 98-2000, but the bulb changed after 98.5

i got a decent set out of the junkyard off a 96 alot better looking and brighter . whats a good price for 2000 csvt tail lights great condition need to be cleaned little dirty

Back