• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fog light trouble...help!

00csvt22

New CEG'er
So i just bought a 00 csvt and when i turn the light switch and pull it out the green light on the dash comes on showing the fogs should be on but neither of the fogs come on....was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Oh and the guy i bought it from said he could never get them to come on so not sure if hes messed with it or not.

Thanks

Well that's what I was thinkin but I messed around with them "just kinda felt and wiggled wires and now my passenger side one is working along with the marker but neither of the drivers side will come on. Could it just be that they are both burnt or does the wiring run together for both those lights? Also I'm thinkin whoever had the car before must have done the fog mod cuz it the one will turn on with just the marker lights on...could that have somethin to do with just one side workin?

Ok so I think the driver side fog is burnt out. I'm pretty sure they are aftermarket and I can see what looks like rust on the inside of the lense so I guess I'm gonna try a new bulb and try to reseal the socket. And marker I think is just brunt. Appreciate the insite though.

Just so you know, my brothers '99 Cougar once had an issue where he would have the fog light indicator turn on, but no fogs, then soon after he got pulled over for not having tail lights, turns out the HL switch was the culprit, replaced that and everything was fine.

Back