• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help with parking lights on with Unlock

Berkel

Hard-core CEG'er
hey guys I want to do parking lights on with the footwell lights instead of the fogs

I understand the fog-light how to.. but I'm not sure which wires I'm tapping into for the parking lights.

Do I tap into the negative wire for the parking lights near the headlight switch?

I want this to work but I haven't seen any threads about it.

Thanks guys!

I believe I'm going about this wrong. I tried tapping into the wires behind the light switch. The thick black wire controls the right parking lights. I tried completing the circuit with the footwell light.. Different grounds.. And 12v power. I believe I completed the circuit briefly using 12v.. Though I'm not site if this makes sense since I thought I was supposed to complete the ground.

My diodes work.. I just need some help in case I'm doing this all wrong :)

If you can't figure it out, just tap in to the wire where the bulb plugs into the dash. You'd have to run to different wires, but it's really easy to get to that spot.

I would have to look at a wiring diagram to confirm, but either tap into the appropriate wire at the headlight switch, if there is one, or run a wire into the engine bay and connect directly to the parking lights. Also I am not sure if tapping into the front parking lights will make the rear ones work. Might also want to think about a diode at the light just to make sure nothing else gets back feed.

Back