• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who make the best replacement headlight assemblies?

NVSVT

CEG'er
The headlights on my 1998 Contour SE are badly fogged and one of the mounting tabs on the right front headlight is broken so I need to replace them; unfortunately, I can't find the Motorcraft headlights anywhere. Can someone please tell me which aftermarket manufacturer makes the best replacements?

CARiD seems to have pretty good parts so I tried them, but they have (5) different manufacturers to choose from ( see link below)... so could some of you with experience please help?

http://www.carid.com/1998-ford-contour-headlights/

Thank you, DT.

People have been happy with the TYC headlights. Looking around right now, you can get a set for $160 from carparts.com. If you trust that website.

I have been able to salvage good headlights from a junkyard with all the tabs present. Then, polish them out yourself.

Mad Dog

from my experience, the tyc tend to be the clearest of the aftermarket and they also have an anti-fade coating on them. havnt seen a set of them get blemished or
sun faded yet. good luck man.

Back