• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Driver's door won't open from the inside

mncontour

CEG'er
About 2 or 3 months ago something inside the driver's door broke or something and now the driver's door can only be opened from the outside handle. The inside door handle/lock move freely but it feels like its not connected to anything and the door doesn't lock. I will have to go to the local salvage yard to get the parts I need to fix this problem. But I need to know what parts are needed and how to fix this issue. Can anyone give me an idea of what parts I need to replace? I need to fix this before it gets cold and starts snowing here in Minnesota. Thanks for any advice and help.

Ok, i guess i won't go 36 hours without sleep and then start asking questions and making posts that don't really make sense. Im sorry for any confusion.

I haven't had a chance to take the door panel off yet but I tried to look behind the interior door handle/lock. It looks like the part that connects the interior door handle to the door latch broke. Can anyone tell me if the part im talking about is a separate part or is it part of either the door latch or the interior door handle? I hope this helps clear up what I would like to find out. Thanks.

Back