• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 Clock-PATS

MrFord

CEG'er
I searched the forum, but can't seems to find the answer. I remember seeing a thread about that a while ago but to no avail.

I just got a 98 clock for my SVT. But I just realized that it doesn't have the PATS red light in it. When I installed mine in my 99, it had one.
Do you know if it's gonna do problems ? Not that I really car about the little red light, but I don't know if it's a vital part of the system or simply a light.

its just a light .... but if you ever have a pats problem your not going to know it.

you can add a led to the clock. I got one from radioshack that had a resitor built in and just ran the wires through the clock and connected to the existing wiring for the pats led.

I've found a ton of clocks but finding one with a functional PATS light seems to be hard to come by. I won't pull one unless it has a light.

i fought with my clock yesterday.
the factory bulb is out so i decided to get a bulb (encased in blue plastic) from radio shack so my clock could illuminate blue:drool: .
well, didn't work:nonono: .
i dremel'd the clock fitting on the circuit board a little bigger. being that the connection is right there and was dremel'd off, i went further down the circuit line and scraped the green covering off with hopes of getting a connection.
again, didn't work:nonono: .

everything still works (pats light & clock) but now i can't fit the OEM bulb fitting back in and have to get another clock and pray that the backlight works!

Last edited:
Should of just bought a new bulb from Ford. They are about $5 and the part number is floating around here on the forums.

Should of just bought a new bulb from Ford. They are about $5 and the part number is floating around here on the forums.

you're brilliant!:laugh:
sorry, couldn't resist.

Ford doesn't sell the "blue" bulb for this application. I wish it were that simple.

Backlight bulb

Backlight bulb

Why not just color the bulb with a blue magic marker like a Sharpie? You can keep adding coats until you get the color you want.

you're brilliant!:laugh:
sorry, couldn't resist.

Ford doesn't sell the "blue" bulb for this application. I wish it were that simple.

Ford sells a plain clear bulb ONLY. The green color comes from the condom on the bulb. Remove the condom and transfer to the new bulb or buy a different color condom online. :rolleyes:

Ford sells a plain clear bulb ONLY. The green color comes from the condom on the bulb. Remove the condom and transfer to the new bulb or buy a different color condom online. :rolleyes:

Well i didnt see the point in ordering a colored condom online so i just went down to Hustler Hollywood and got a red one.... seems to be a HUGE waiste of the rest of the rubber i didnt use... maybe i should have used it first then cut a piece out... hmm... either way...

LOL jk:crazy:

Back