Chrome inserts for 95 Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome inserts for 95 Bumper

A long shot, as I've come up empty searching. Does anyone know if there is a source for the chrome inserts specific to the 1995 bumpers? I realize most you are in the 98 and newer body styles, but if these exist somewhere, someone here is the most likely candidate to know where.

Thanks!

if not found I have a 96 front bumper and these don't use the insert. They molded without the insert and painted it all body color.

Amazon Here is old ad with part #'s ? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E4GWCC/...=justprofit-20

Might have it on here a strip is listed at bottom. http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/contour.html

Rockauto has complete 96-97 bumpers in stock 102.79 for rear and 20.89 for the front.
    Now driving around in ronssvt's old car Sold on 8/5/2014

Now own a diesel Jeep Liberty for family trips and so daughter can borrow an automatic car.

Comment

Thanks for these leads-- will check in with Showcars-bodyparts tomorrow. Except for the chrome inserts, bumpers are in near perfect shape. If I can't find replacements, I'll either live with them or have a body shop remove them and repaint if necessary.

Comment

I think your best option is to have them painted and cleared I did mine a few years ago
        chrome gone , gray n gross

after repaint with silver reflective paint

Comment

The chrome strips are a part I like.
          *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
          30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

Humm, had not considered painting them..... right now they are all speckled. the deterioration seems to be under the outer layer of plastic
            Attached Files

Comment

yeah I took a razor blade and very slowly cut the outer plastic mylar chrome strip off and painted what was left on the bumper still with DUPLI-COLOR Night Lights reflective coating part #NL200 silver then cleared it pics I posted don't really do justice

Comment

Originally posted by blu_fuz View Post
                The chrome strips are a part I like.
                easiest way to spot a 95

Comment

Working...
                X