Replace rear bumper stud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace rear bumper stud

I was removing the rear bumper and i ended up breaking the driver upper stud. Has anyone tried to replace any of the studs ever? I plan to look into it this weekend. I will post the fix if i come up with a good one.
    2000 Black SVT with 114k Build # 1598 1\14\2000 Parting Out
    1998 SE with 99K Daily Driver
    98.5 Black SVT with 47k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 crashed... fixing
    2002 Jeep Wrangler X 3" lift with 33 by 12.5

I have one.. $15 shipped. hit it out with a hammer and new one bolts into place.
    -99 T-RED 3L SVT TURBO
    -99 T-GREEN RHD MPV ST220 MAZDA 6 TURE DUAL 3L SVT
    -00 BLK/TAN SVT
    NEW OEM CONTOUR PARTS DEALER*
    SVTWAREHOUSE.COM COMING SOON!!

Comment

That's easy I actually have another bumper I replaced with the non damaged one. I will remove a stud from that one.
      Thanks for the help and if I need a stud I know to ask you
      2000 Black SVT with 114k Build # 1598 1\14\2000 Parting Out
      1998 SE with 99K Daily Driver
      98.5 Black SVT with 47k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 crashed... fixing
      2002 Jeep Wrangler X 3" lift with 33 by 12.5

Comment

cool deal
        -99 T-RED 3L SVT TURBO
        -99 T-GREEN RHD MPV ST220 MAZDA 6 TURE DUAL 3L SVT
        -00 BLK/TAN SVT
        NEW OEM CONTOUR PARTS DEALER*
        SVTWAREHOUSE.COM COMING SOON!!

Comment

The studs are all one piece for the rear bumper that is rivited. Drill out the 2 rivits and pop the U bolt out. Slide it into the bumper and rivit it back in. Big rivits too.
          *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
          30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

Originally posted by blu_fuz View Post
            The studs are all one piece for the rear bumper that is rivited. Drill out the 2 rivits and pop the U bolt out. Slide it into the bumper and rivit it back in. Big rivits too.
            I bought a rear SVT bumper from a guy not on here, in removing it, one of the studs on the bumper support had a completely rusted nut on it I guess. So he used a blow torch of all things on the bolt and destroyed the riveted piece with studs. Looking at it I figured I could just remove the bumper support (looked like it was just strong tabs holding it in) and use the one on my car. I was able to loosen all the tabs and noticed it looks like its some kind of adhesive or glue holding the bumper support in. I was wondering is it anyway to dissolve this glue.

Comment

Working...
            X