• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spoiler/Wing

Jay93

CEG'er
My SVT doesnt have a wing and I'd like to add one eventually. Where is a recommended retailer to purchase a new one?

yes. id like to add an SVT COntour spoiler to it. i had one on my old 2000 SVT Contour and i like the look of it more

i dont see the trouble in adding a stock svt contour part. im also going to change the decal layout as well to relevant ones like Roush Racing and re-add the SVT and Ford logos. I'll probably add a 3.0L and put Performance Machining (My friend who owns the company will do the machine work on the motor) on it as well

If I were you, I'd find a trunk lid w/ spoiler in a junkyard, then paint it to match your car. This way, you can return this car to stock if you ever needed to, plus, you don't have to mess with drilling/centering/sealing a spoiler to your lid.

If I were you, I'd find a trunk lid w/ spoiler in a junkyard, then paint it to match your car. This way, you can return this car to stock if you ever needed to, plus, you don't have to mess with drilling/centering/sealing a spoiler to your lid.

That would be the easiest way to do it. Also the svt never came with a spoiler.

Altering a historic race car at this point in it life should be considered a liability not only as far as monetary value but historic value. It kinda reminds me the story of this car http://www.ponysite.de/66_shelbygroup2_6.htm After its first race spec was changed to something of another color with huge fender flairs and larger tires and such .In the end it was decided to restore it to its original race spec.

if I remember correctly:

this car has been completely gone through post-Bondurant so I'm sure there's not much on it that is still up to their specifications.

this very car was for sale on this very forum for quite some time and no one jumped on it to save it themselves but now that there's a possibility it might be slightly altered it's blasphemy? What the school did through the GM switch was way worse.

plus, I've also gotten zero help from the Bondurant school in specifications of decals to restore it

are SVT contours really historic? I know these 5 have significance but even the school didn't really like them and ordered crown vic's instead

I hope I'm not opening a can of worms on this one because I love my CSVT and that's why I got it after I got rid of my first one. But I guess I dont see the outrage for slightly customizing my car when no one else wanted the task of preserving this "historic" vehicle. If someone else wants it feel free to offer... I'll find a stock one

At the end of the day it's still your car ,but you did ask sooooo........

I asked where I could purchase a wing... Then I'm guessing you guys thought I meant Honda-Ricer wing (lol never) so I specified SVT contour wing.

I was hoping to be able to get one new but if junk/salvage yard is the way to go, that way I shall go

Back