• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bumper sag

svtfixer

Veteran CEG'er
the bumper sag fix link is down. i am trying to fix this, it bugs me. anyone have illustrations/pictures of how it is fixed?

i am not sure i have the right brackets in the rear over the exhaust to hold the bumper in place. are there supposed to brackets on both sides that have the exhaust hanger also?

ive noticed the bumpers fit the corners decent and then from there to the back is where it looks like its pulled tight.

thoughts, comments, help?

Its pretty simple. Once the bumper is removed just elongate the four holes that the studs from the bumper go through into the frame. When reinstalling make sure that the bumper is pushed up as high as possible.

Side note, the rear bumper can collect alot of sand, like the side skirts, make sure to clean the bumper support out.

Only the passanger side has the exhaust hanger bolted to the bumper studs, the drivers side is to the body.

yeah i dumped a few pounds of sand out. elongate the holes upward? i gently jacked the bumper up when i was tightening it down and its as good as it was but its still not perfect.

yeah i see. this still doesnt quite help w the fitment on the corner tho. anyone have pics of their bumpers?

Back