• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rust!!!

Brian Riegel

Be Gentle I'm New Here
So, on every contour made is the rust on the quarters always so bad or is it just b.c mines an Ohio car

1999 Svt #2486/2760
Black w/ tan int.

i think that's just cars and the northern states. almost any car that's 13+ years old is going to have rust if it's lived north of the mason-dixon.
my SVT is fine, but it's lived most it's life in Florida and Texas.

Mine lived in Penn. all of it's life until 1 1/2 years ago and is rust free. It was never driven in the rain, only nice days since 2002. But most are not so lucky. Seems the farther north you go the worse the rust is. More snow+ more salt= more rust. All the cars that I've looked at around my area have always been rust free, probably close to 30 cars.

Welecome to CEG!! My rocker pannels started rusting out pretty bad 2 years ago... not getting any better now either lol

I have a 2000 SE Sport 2.5 160K and I live in South East MI and my rockers are almost non existent in the rear on both sides. Despite my efforts with primer I just can't stop it. I'm debating on replacing the rockers all together this summer. But... That is a lot of work for an ATX contour that has the original trans @ 160K.

Back