• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Newb with Fog Light Housing Problem

MO_cSVT

New CEG'er
So just recently got my SVT Contour. The one thing that I can't stand with the car though is that the fog light housing lenses are blue. And they're cracked like crazy. Anyone know of some good brand replacements ones and/or a good place to get them?

Thanks,
Spencer

The housings should not be blue if they are stock. Sounds like you have aftermarket lenses in there. Take'm out and find out what you have or post a picture.

You might just have some of the HID look blue coated bulbs in you foglights. You are seeing the reflection of the bulb in the stock foglight. If you change to stock bulbs that will go away.
Cracking of the lens is just age and wear from the stones and sand that hit the lenses when you drive. buy new or aftermarket. I personally want to graft in some 55w lights like on my 99 Explorer to my car. The Explorer round fog uses H1 lamps too.

No the bulbs aren't blue and yes they are aftermarket. The lenses themselves are actually blue and to be quite honest, I can't STAND them lol. I'll be sure to take a pic by tomorrow, we got a lot of snow here in St. Louis and my car needs to thaw a little bit. Any references on where/who I could buy a stock set? Or a not-blue set? lol

Thanks for the replies!!

Here's one of them. I'm sure there some cheap autozone ones or something. And the beer...well what else is there to do when your snowed in?!?:shrug: lol

Attachments

• 130221_0003..jpg
    130221_0003..jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 130221_0002..jpg
    130221_0002..jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 0
Back