• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Removing the SVT rear wing

uta_flyinghigh

New CEG'er
Hello all,

I have a Mondeo ST24 and I wish to remove the rear wing. It looks like the SVT Controur has the same rear wing, does anyone here know how to remove it? There's a middle screw under the trunklid that I removed but I can't see anything for the sides.

UTA

is there a clean way to fill the holes that used to be there without doing body work? =( I hate my spoiler. Pretty sure there is no clean easy way to do it.

You have to drill out the rivits holding on the bumpers, then you can get to the nut that holds down the spoiler. Now, to plug the holes if you don't want to fix the trunk lid...... Use plastic/rubber buttons and silicone them into the holes and paint the head to match the car. :shrug:

Anyone know the size of the bolts that hold the spoiler on? Making a junkyard run tomorrow for just a couple things and don't want to bring the whole toolbox.

just take a 15-18mm with you, it should fit the spoiler bolts. I would be shocked if it didn't.

Got one off a Mystique with the LED 3rd brake light in it. Actually had Allen head screws in it. I'll be replacing them with hex heads when I install it after paint.

Back