• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Body repair questions

dcompton94

New CEG'er
So i got in a little accident with my 1995 mercury mystique, the right front fender got pretty beat up along with front bumper and rear bumper, wich shouldn't be a big problem to replace, but also dented the right rear corner pannel, can that be replaced? well if you have any tips on what you would do with the body work of this car, please let me know. thanks
also if i did post this in the wrong section please let me know.

Can you post some pictures of the dents? Replacing the rear quarter panel means cutting and welding. There are other options depending on the damage. If it is just dented with no hard bends you might be able to pull it with a suction cup. Otherwise you will probably need to drill some small holes and use some sort of puller to pull the dent out. Then some hammers and anvils to flatten the bends. There are also welding devices that weld little studs on that you can pull on. But, I don't have one of those (yet). Pretty much any repair to the rear quarter requires bondo or some form of filler.

I am not an expert, just a hobbiest, so maybe someone has better technics.

all right, ive never done body work so it will be good to learn, i'll try to get up pictures later today or tomorrow

if you are speaking of the little panel right below the taillight it is not removable but you can access the entire inner part of it by removing the tailight.

Back