• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Single Stage Paint

Mac

CEG'er
so i've been doing some searching and research about different paints and unfortunately i've been unable to get a really CLEAR understanding as to which type of the paint is the best choice for painting my Wheels...

i know that a laquer is probably not the best option because it's not known for its durability, and a urethane is probably a better choice.. but i'm un-clear on what is all required to use a urethane paint, and if there is such thing as a single stage urethane paint, or something that doesn't have to be mixed, like a ready to spray urethane?

if this is hard to understand, i'm sorry... i'm no paint expert, i'm still learning and as of right now i've taken in so much info about automotive painting that i'm just a little jumbled up and un clear...

thanks for your help!

oh and also, if anybody has some recommendations on where to buy paint by the quart and gallon, please share!

-Mac

get them powdercoated??

if not, i know canadian tire here in canada sells duplicolor wheel paint i believe and if done properly it stays on..

Back