• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to buy HID kit?

csvt2200

Veteran CEG'er
Ok so I have bought two sets of HID kits from VVME.com and they both have worked for over a year great. Both are only single mean kits. My dad wants a kit for his Durango which is a 9007 dual beam bulb so I bought one from vvme.com for $80. Well I get a phone call saying that this kit doesn't work well good on Dodges... Sooo anyone else bought a dual beam kit from anywhere and had any luck with them? Any suggestions on another site or seller on ebay besides flashplus to buy from that's not hella expensive? Thanks!

Sorry, I havn't been on the forums for a long time and forgot about the lighting section, so mods please move this. My bad.

alright, i don't know much about HID's. I looked on that DDMtuning.com and I don't know the difference between any of them. What kit would be good to get for my contour? I tried searching HID's but not much info came up on what to get.

Thanks

You would only want the low-beam kit for the Contour. If you just want HID lights for the sake of saying you have them, get the Raptor kit. I got HID's so I could see, so I upgraded to the slim ballast 55 watt kit.

I have a DDMtuning 9007 hi/low kit installed in my Lightning. It works great! These are 10,000k.

lightning_picss_003.jpg

Just a matter of opinion, but Mopar lenses already throw out a TON of glare even with their stock halogen bulbs... I would say don't put HID's in that or you'll be making a lot of oncoming traffic angry and/or blind.

Brian

Id like to get HID's for the high beams...anyone know the # for those? Would it just be the 9006's?

why? with the time they take to come up to temp and produce useable light your likely to have to turn them off because of on coming traffic.

no issues here with hids in my cars. But I didn't aim them towards the sky either. I specifically as someone I was following and there where no complaints.

Back