• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Removal of Roof Moldings

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
I am currently sanding my roof. With the equipment I am using I cant get about an inch or so of paint near the moldings.

I attempted a heat gun while prying the roof moldings and that didnt work. Is there a specific way to remove these?

- amyn

i am going to guess that you need to remove the headliner but i have no idea. it would be dumb of ford to creat a possible leak problem by monting trim fom the inside of the roof. maybe it needs to slide one direction or the other? if i remember i will look at my blue contour tomorrow cause i think it was falling off in one place.

i am going to guess that you need to remove the headliner but i have no idea. it would be dumb of ford to creat a possible leak problem by monting trim fom the inside of the roof. maybe it needs to slide one direction or the other? if i remember i will look at my blue contour tomorrow cause i think it was falling off in one place.
They are just glued onto the roof.

really? i would have never guessed glue... i suppose it was cheaper and faster then any kind of mechanical fastener.

Back