• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

side skirt installation?

MarcMiller

Veteran CEG'er
I bought side skirts off someone on here and i have no idea how to install them. Before i try to install them i need to get another jp cover and then paint the skirts and extra covers..(if i get any).

After i have them all painted and looking good, what is the best way to install them? They didnt come with any screws or brackets although I may be getting a box full of them off someone on here. Now when i get the brackets and everything is it hard to install? Me and my dad will be installing them but we have no experience on these types of things.

If anyone can post pics of where to drill or anything i would really appreciate it.

Also, Should i do anything to the skirts before i put them on? I've read on here people drill holes in the bottom of them? Is that a good idea?
Let me know what you think.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Oh BTW these are SE side skirts..If it matters.

So I'm guessing your car didn't come with side skirts to begin with, hence the reason why you bought some. In this case you will need to attach about 4-5 brackets to the rocker panels of your car to support the side skirts on each side. These brackets on cars with factory installed side skirts are riveted onto the rocker panels. Placement is key as you want the side skirt to be level across the entire length of the car. It just so happens that my car is disassembled in preparation for a paint job. I have the side skirts off exposing the brackets. I'll snap a few pictures showing you the layout tomorrow before I leave for xmas festivities.

So I'm guessing your car didn't come with side skirts to begin with, hence the reason why you bought some. In this case you will need to attach about 4-5 brackets to the rocker panels of your car to support the side skirts on each side. These brackets on cars with factory installed side skirts are riveted onto the rocker panels. Placement is key as you want the side skirt to be level across the entire length of the car. It just so happens that my car is disassembled in preparation for a paint job. I have the side skirts off exposing the brackets. I'll snap a few pictures showing you the layout tomorrow before I leave for xmas festivities.

Sounds awesome..thanks alot.

StrippinMyJoint_20091216_9_1.jpg

StrippinMyJoint_20091216_9.jpg

We are all getting ready to paint :)

I believe there are 5 brackets on each side. They are plastic riveted into the body. CSVT#49 may be able to get a clearer or direct shot of the bracket itself. And I can get a picture of the brackets taken off of the body if you would like as well. When I get a chance.

- amyn

Back