• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2000 SE Zetec to SVT clone

Iowaguy

New CEG'er
Hi, I was just wondering what would need to be done to make my zetec SE auto an SVT clone. I got it for a song and it only has 126K on it and runs like a sewing machine but it looks too generic. It's white with those better than hubcaps 6-spoke alloys in relatively good condition.
I was thinking one of the 2 style of SVT wheels, sideskirts, front and rear fascias, SVT badge on rear, and some fog lights eventually. Am I missing anything? Forget about the interior as I'm just talking exterior. I don't think white was an SVT color was it? I'm just kicking this around and would like to stay within a $1000 budget.
Thx

Do all you want to it, but do not put a SVT badge on it to "fool" people. Just make it look nice, no misbadging!

You probably won't be able to get in that $1000 range unless you buy a banged up SVT, take all the parts you want, and sell off the rest. You could probably break even and get to keep the SVT parts you want. Then you still need to get it all painted.

Do all you want to it, but do not put a SVT badge on it to "fool" people. Just make it look nice, no misbadging!

You probably won't be able to get in that $1000 range unless you buy a banged up SVT, take all the parts you want, and sell off the rest. You could probably break even and get to keep the SVT parts you want. Then you still need to get it all painted.

I don't think I'd fool anyone with only one when there would be no tailpipes sticking out the two cutouts in the rear fascia. The SVT badge would be a nice touch, but it really wouldn't matter. Lots of people debadge their cars anyways to clean up the clutter. I just would like to make it "look" like an SVT, especially since white SVT's did not exist.

I agree about the badging, dont. If you had the powerplant to back it i'd say go for it but otherwise no. I mean I have a ZX2 with ALL the S/R options and badged it with S/R badges but to be fair it IS an S/R equipt zx2 just like from the factory, title just doesnt say so. Know what i mean?

For your car i say put the SVT front and rear bumpers, side skirts, grill , wheels and lower it and just debadge the car, paint the rear reflector,shave the badge and you'll have a nice clean looking car!

Just my 2 pennies ;)

If you act quick someone is selling a front bumper in the for sale section for $150.....

If you did what I said, you could have the stock SVT exhaust too and modify it to fit your stock exhaust.

Just debadge it, and put the svt parts on that you want. It will look great.

BTW there are 2-3 white SVTs. 1 3L pearl white, 1 2.5L bright white, and 1 3L turbo being prepped right now for some kind of white paint.

I too have front/rear bumpers, fogs, and exhaust for sale. Might have the mesh you need too. Then you just have to find some SVT sideskirts and you are ready to go.

I don't know where you are in IA, but that is close enough to come pick this stuff up!

There you go! take fuz up and buy his parts, then cruise through minnesota on your way back and I'll paint em up for ya!

^ Now that would be a good deal. You can deliver a part for him too. This could be worth your while!

IMHO, installing SVT badges on anything other than an SVT devalues the rest of them.

Or somebody races and smokes you. Then they have a warped idea of what a real CSVT is.

IMHO, installing SVT badges on anything other than an SVT devalues the rest of them.

Or somebody races and smokes you. Then they have a warped idea of what a real CSVT is.

I agree, SVT badges on it would look silly; I'm thinking a clean tailend. And as far as me racing an SVT, I wouldn't. I've owned two Fusion 3.0 V6's with the 6-speed. I know how the Duratec runs and know how badly the Fusion would smoke an SVT Contour so there would be no racing with my trusty dusty Zetec. That'd be ridiculous. Anyhoo, I appreciate the offers guys, but right now I'm just putting this all together. It'd be a spring thing if and when I did do it. I just wanted to make sure I had all the necessary items in mind and didn't forget anything. How much lower does an SVT really sit compared to a 2000 SE Zetec and please elaborate on the painting of the rear reflector, am I missing something in that area? Merry Christmas everyone.

I agree, SVT badges on it would look silly; I'm thinking a clean tailend. And as far as me racing an SVT, I wouldn't. I've owned two Fusion 3.0 V6's with the 6-speed. I know how the Duratec runs and know how badly the Fusion would smoke an SVT Contour so there would be no racing with my trusty dusty Zetec. That'd be ridiculous. Anyhoo, I appreciate the offers guys, but right now I'm just putting this all together. It'd be a spring thing if and when I did do it. I just wanted to make sure I had all the necessary items in mind and didn't forget anything. How much lower does an SVT really sit compared to a 2000 SE Zetec and please elaborate on the painting of the rear reflector, am I missing something in that area? Merry Christmas everyone.

Well I can give an easy awnser for the painted reflector. Look at the banner up top. I see 3 silver contours showing us the rear. The one in front has the painted reflector. I myself like the pre-98 trunk lid.

Back