• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bumper measurements

royalblue

In time out with LUCA
I had the chance to take some quick measurements today of a Mystique bumper splitter (that black piece on the bottom) .The front is about 3" on the sides and 1.5" in the middle and the rear bumper bottom is about 1.5" on the sides and 1.75" in the middle. I know some have used the front bumper piece on there Contours (kinda thinking of doing it my self if I can find some at the yard) :ponder:Question is has anybody used the rear Mystique bumper bottom with a contour bumper .Pics if ya gott'em and I hope the measurements might help somebody.
Now if somebody would be so kind as to do some measurement on a SVT bumpers front and rear from the side's and front top to bottom that would be great.THANKS IN ADVANCE:)

the rear one on the mystique is part of the bumper. well at least mine is anyway, its just painted. only the front is a seperate peice.

the rear one on the mystique is part of the bumper. well at least mine is anyway, its just painted. only the front is a seperate peice.
that's what I always thought but I spent a while under this car and it was definitely a separate piece

every place I drew a line is what I was looking for measurements and also in the middle of the front and rear bumpers
user28389_pic1636_1257253560-2.jpg

Here you go

Front bumper, middle - 15" (to bottom of grille)
Front bumper, side - 18-1/2" (without splitter)
Side skirt, front - 5-1/4"
Side skirt, middle - 4-3/4"
Side skirt, rear - 5-1/4"
Rear bumper, middle - 17"
Rear bumper, side - 18-1/2"

_

smiley_notice_thanks_for_noticing_this_new_no_poster-p228940856992765757t5ta_400.jpg
Here you go

Front bumper, middle - 15" (to bottom of grille)
Front bumper, side - 18-1/2" (without splitter)
Side skirt, front - 5-1/4"
Side skirt, middle - 4-3/4"
Side skirt, rear - 5-1/4"
Rear bumper, middle - 17"
Rear bumper, side - 18-1/2"

_
awesome thanks

Back