• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aftermarket Sideskirts

Saxydude

New CEG'er
Hello everyone. My apologies if this has been discussed, but I ran a search and couldn't find an answer.

I need to replace my sideskirts on my CSVT, and instead of waiting around for someone on here to sell them I wanted to look into aftermarket options. Does anyone know of a good pair of sideskirts that will look good on a SVT and where I can find them? I'm not looking for a full kit, just the skirts. Any options/opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and happy holidays!

You're pretty much better off waiting for some to come up in the classifieds. There weren't very many skirt's offered for our cars. The only ones that come close to looking like SVT skirts are the Razzi ones IIRC. SE skirts are more plentiful, but don't look right with the SVT bumpers. AAS skirts are blocky, and barely work with the AAS kit, much less the SVT one.

Bottom line, be patient and find some used SVT skirts. You'll be happier in the long run, and you won't have to listen to all the b!itching and ridicule you'd get if you went with something else.

Razzi skirts look really good, very comparable to SVT skirts. They are probably better looking, IMO, because they lack jackpoint covers, but this can be a drawback when you need to get the car up in the air. You are FORCED to use the sub-frames, which isn't toooo bad. My car always goes up via sub-frame.

Razzi Skirted SF SVT:
newpics153.jpg

Thanks very much for the links. I have a deal potentially happening on some skirts in the Classifieds, but I do really like the look of those Razzi's. Good thing Christmas is on its way....

I’m looking at fibreglassing and shaving my skirts to end up looking like the Razzis. Considering how skirts are rare to come across, expensive and 3 of my inserts are missing, this is the most cost effective option for me to fix my skirts. 3D printing is possible for the insert covers, I was in touch with a company about it but are having supplier issues and were going to be $175usd. For the same or less I can diy repair and paint my skirts. Missing the covers they’re making the car look broken and janky.

Yeap , it looks like a smile with missing teeth, Besides that fact the Jack point cover are get big $ too

Currently in the process of cutting out the rust on the rocker panels and making aluminum patch panels. Rockers were totally rotted through behind the rear jack cover. Had to cut out a 12” section of rocker panel on both sides of the car. Cleaned up all the rotten metal, dremelled everything nice and smooth and filled the rockers and former rusty areas with Fluid Film before attaching the patch panels. Fibreglass mat is then laid over the panels to finish the shaping and then will be sprayed with rockerguard before the skirts get installed. With the skirts mocked up right now, none of the rocker repair is visible except from underneath or behind the skirt.

I am also shaving the skirts. I’ve filled the holes with expanding foam, and will cut and shave it down and use fibreglass mat to finish the filling the hole and fill and smooth around the edges and repaint the skirts. Looking like it going to turn out well. Will post photos when it’s going back together over the next couple weeks.

I’ve started the process of filling and shaving the holes in my skirts. Filled in the holes with spray foam, and then used long strand fibreglass filler to do the filling and shaping. It’s coming along very well. I sanded them down and now in the process of doing a second layer of filler to fill in some imperfections. Once that is sanded, it will be ready for a skim of lightweight filler to finish and ready to paint. If all goes well, should be complete by end of month. I’m only working on it weekends and a little in the evenings.

Back