• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Eyelids

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
How sticky should the 3m tape on the Top Shop fiberglass eyelids be?? I just got some new ones from another CEGer and I peeled back just a little piece and the tape barely stuck to my finger. That didn't seem quite sticky enough to me.

your fingers have oil on them.. it might stick better on a cleaned headlight.

still should be damn sticky though

your fingers have oil on them.. it might stick better on a cleaned headlight.

still should be damn sticky though

That's what I was thinking, maybe I'll prep them and take them to SZ get some "hands on" advice, can always put new tape on if needed!

I just went back out to the garage, cleaned my fingertip with alcohol and the tape is much stickier, believe it will be fine!!

Last edited:
I had no problem with mine . They arent going anywhere.Plus i think they look great too.

svtcontour009.jpg

svtcontour003.jpg

svtphotoshoot016.jpg

svtphotoshoot015.jpg

Last edited:
did anyone ever find thinner tape? that way the eyelids don't stick up as much?

god it has been a nightmare trying to match up my t-red paint. i swear duplicolor has two shades of t-red, light and dark. i just cant find the light shade i used to use. so i just hit them with white primmer tonight to help lighten the t-red up. i hope it works.

i even got some paintscratch dot com vin matched paint and thats farther off then duplicolors. this used to be easy.

Last edited:

god it has been a nightmare trying to match up my t-red paint. i swear duplicolor has two shades of t-red, light and dark. i just cant find the light shade i used to use. so i just hit them with white primmer tonight to help lighten the t-red up. i hope it works.

i even got some paintscratch dot com vin matched paint and thats farther off then duplicolors. this used to be easy.

Try matching Cabernet Metalic Red like our Windstar, code D6, had to have it mixed at the NAPA distribution center, $70 for the small non spray can..:nonono:

I have 4 primed fiberglass eyelids here right now that I will sell for $35.00 a set shipped in the US.

I went to a shop and had them do it from the factory paint code, for the same reason your having issues. The T-red out of the can just doesnt stand up/blend as well.

inthenitebcegca1.jpg

WHen I had my rims done it was $25 per wheel, and the break down on the rest:

Spoiler painted and mounted
Splitter painted and mounted
Eyelids painted and mounted

came to $400 :cool:

Back