• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bumper stud replacement

Sprebound

Veteran CEG'er
When I was doing my exhaust, I attempted to remove my rear bumper to make things easier, but when I went to take one of the bolts off, it just snapped because of the rust...so I didn't proceed any further with it. What I need to know is if this is the correct part that I am going to need to replace...

http://www.teamfordparts.com/partlo...5575&callout=3&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Me and my friend are going to be removing my rear bumper in a few weeks to attempt some molding work on it and I want to make sure that I have the new parts to put back on at that time. Thanks for your input.

After discussion with the Asiacan last night, I guess the question I should be asking is can you replace the broken studs that hold the bumper on with the part that I linked to. I know at least one person on here has a bumper sitting around that they can go look at...

Eh? Well I was talking about a stud and in the parts diagram there is only one part listed that has anything to do with a stud... I'm wondering if I can buy part number 3, then be able to replace the rusty one/broken one on there so that I can get my black center section resculpted around the exhaust outlets.

Yeah...figures cuz ur internet has been suckin lately man. Always trying to put :censored::censored::censored::censored: on me... Come on tho, seriously, all I need is a simple yes and I am gonna order two of the stud plates. Someone just confirm it for me please.

Yeah...figures cuz ur internet has been suckin lately man. Always trying to put :censored::censored::censored::censored: on me... Come on tho, seriously, all I need is a simple yes and I am gonna order two of the stud plates. Someone just confirm it for me please.

Yes. It sure looks like it would be the right part, but like the five-oh said... it's $5 if it doesn't work it wasn't a large investment. If all else fails you could just go to a junk yard and pull off a rear bumper and remove the studs from it and put it on yours. They would probably charge you the same amount as what your getting it new for...

Oh and if you decide to buy it call Steve at Tousley I'm sure you can get it for like $3. Then you wouldn't have to pay shipping either... just the 6.5% sales tax.

Back