• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Eyelid Help...

CKtour98

Hard-core CEG'er
So I Know Im going to be doing some upper and lower eyelids this spring/summer. Originally, I wanted to do the easiest thing and just use vinyl, but my car is Pacific Green so theres no way to get that color in vinyl...so the question is, should I just use black vinyl on my green car, or just take the time and bake them apart and spraybomb them in my color on the inside of the lens? I know someone has a Mystique the same color with a full black grille and black eyelids and it actually wasn't bad, but my grille is Pacific Green so Im not sure how just black eyelids would look. Suggestions?

-Sean

This is basically what Im going to do, plus this car is :drool::drool::drool: so I had to add a picture in :laugh:

standard.jpg

Yeah I saw that, but Im too lazy to do all of that! :laugh:

Just thought vinyl / paint would be the fastest and easiest...

LOL WHATEVER! haha yeah you're right though, Im very lazy :laugh:

Its my DD though, so if I screwed something up, I have no headlights on my car..the farthest Id go is baking them apart to hightower/eyelid them, with the fear of re-sealing problems :laugh: , even though thats probably what I'll end up doing as I dont think black vinyl will look right on a green car

Yeah thats what I was thinking too. I have an HID kit in my car, so will that affect the paint if its on the inside of the lens? Don't want it to get all sticky and start bleeding down my lights :laugh:

Yeah thats what I was thinking too. I have an HID kit in my car, so will that affect the paint if its on the inside of the lens? Don't want it to get all sticky and start bleeding down my lights :laugh:
HIDs run cooler than Halogen ;)

:laugh:

Well thats good then, but whats everyone think-

black/charcoal hightowers w/ pacific green upper and lower eyelids

or

pacific green hightowers and upper+lower eyelids?

id say black/charcoal hightowers w/ pacific green upper and lower eyelids and im lazy to and painted eyelids on mine only one problem light shines threw but this summer im gonna add more coats but it looks good ill try to get pics to show you

i dont like the light transfer through the vinyl

hm..yeah I dont want light shining through, yours are vinyl? Or paint? I wanted vinyl at first but no one can match my color...how many coats do you think will be needed so no light shines thru them?

- Sean

hm..yeah I dont want light shining through, yours are vinyl? Or paint? I wanted vinyl at first but no one can match my color...how many coats do you think will be needed so no light shines thru them?

- Sean

i onli did 1 lol :crazy: with the stuff i had left so ill have to say 3 or 4 or just use 1 whole can on each light lol :shrug: i was thinkin of paintin it black then prime it then paint it red again cuz light wont shine through black but i dont kno

Back