• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tow Hooks

final pic link posting

http://www.bmpdesign.com/product-exec/product_id/6107

the thru bolt in our towhooks are practically in this same spot on the left and right side thru the grilling. if these hooks have a thicker threading, then maybe we can rethread our stock bolt holes with a matching tap

the omp yellow one says its 12x1.5. if i pull the stock bolt from the front of the tow hook and a spare lugnut fits it, then we may have a winner. or anyone have a bmw? can u get your stock tow hook and compare it to the stock svt bolt threading?

i emailed a few of the bmw/mini places to see if they'd tell me the thread size

Last edited:
I have been wanting to do this. Would have really made things alot easier last year thats for sure. I have my bumper off now and a slot in the grill already I think. Would be nice to be able to remove it when not in use.

I just used the front hooks to tow the car a little ways, and it worked fine. They did not bend, the rear ones are weak though. I could use a new one back there too really.

I was looking at my tow hooks in front today... looks like you could unbolt and make a srew in that would bolt back in the tow hook spot, then just gotta make a small hole in the front plastic to get it through to the front... From what it looks like to me..

i pulled the bolt and its an m10x1.5. now i have to measure from the bolt to past the grill to see how long of a tow hook we'd need.

I was looking at my tow hooks in front today... looks like you could unbolt and make a srew in that would bolt back in the tow hook spot, then just gotta make a small hole in the front plastic to get it through to the front... From what it looks like to me..

projects on hold till I get some other work done on the rest of the car... at least for me that is...

Back