• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbon fiber trunks? Like/dislike poll

Carbon fiber trunks? Like/dislike poll

• Love It

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Hate it

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters
If you paint it SF then I'd say it would look ok...

cnv0869dc5.jpg

wow it actually looks pretty good! But if I have CF on a car I always try to show little of it through the paint ina design or something. Just kind of defeats the point of haveing it IMO:shrug: Its not like it actually does any other thing than look good when the whole car isn't lightened.

honestly it looks pretty good if you adjust it right; I have it and it looks like it came with the car. It does seem to hit the bumper a little when I close it though, I think it i because the person before me didn't put on the body kit on right.:mad:

From all the built in spoilers I see I hate it. If it came without the spoiler I would like. At least this thread isn't about carbon fiber fuel cap doors.

Did they ever make the CF trunk with out a rolled up edge, did they ever make it just like a stock trunk without spoiler...?

as much as i would prefer a lipless trunk, i think my dad would literally kill me if i got one. right now, i have 2 pre-98 trunks, and 2 post-98 trunks in his garage. not to mention 2 hoods, some bumpers, seats, and other misc parts. our project mgb gt is on hold until i clear out some of the parts. if this came out and someone wanted to trade, i'd be all over it in a heartbeat

i really think someone should organize a GB on CF trunks. I never done one before and don't want to handle all the loose ends, but if someone did do it I'd be first on the list guaranteed.
On a side note I don't think Nascar style wing works with this car. A CF trunk with MAYBE an aftermarket CF spoiler if it looked just right. maybe
product_thumb.php
product_thumb.php
but on the other hand I wouldn't want to basta@$## ize a new trunk especiallya CF one

i dont know how anybody can buy one of them

HPIM3282.jpg

i like the cf and is a great attention maker.

next a cf hood and a cf fuel door

Back