• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

mystique/contour rear light swap

97GLblack

CEG'er
is it possible to replace just the reverse lights from a pre-98 mystique for the black plastic part that surrounds the license plat on a contour? ot would the whole trunk lid have to be replaced?

the whole reflector can be be replaced.which includes the lp area. one sec and i'll post a pic of my old one

here's one after i painted it body color. i like the look of the mystique rear reflector. you just have to find something to fill the mercury emblem
723264_140_full.jpg

rearshotSZ05.jpg

here's one after i painted it body color. i like the look of the mystique rear reflector. you just have to find something to fill the mercury emblem
723264_140_full.jpg

that's exactly the look I was going for except those trunk lids don't have the lines like the pre-98 trunk lids. I was planing on replacing the license plate frame and then nightshading the reflectors and adding some red bulbs that come on with the brakes and blinkers.

well,the center piece comes out of the pre98's. but doesnt on the post98's,its all one piece. so your best bet would be to find a mystique trunk,or post98 contour trunk and just swap the whole thing,trunk and reflector. my car in that pic is a 96 tour w/a 98trunklid

i really like the look on the black mystique rear pictured above. that is a real tight look! has anyone out there done anything like that with contour tail lights and the post 98 applique panel? if so can u post pics?

lets get this straight

lets get this straight

I saw a 97 mystique with these lights, does that mean that it is the same trunk as lights as all the post 98 contiques? I saw one on a 98 mystique originally and when I saw the 97 I thought maybe it was a little different.

the pre98 mystique trunklid is the same as the post 98 tour/stique trunk lids. meaning the center reflector is configured the same too. just the desgin has a slightly diff. look to it.

the pre98 mystique trunklid is the same as the post 98 tour/stique trunk lids. meaning the center reflector is configured the same too. just the desgin has a slightly diff. look to it.

perhaps with modifications it can be done, anybody got pics of the trim peice from different angles when removed from the car?

I took the trunk lights/reverse/plate surround off of a 2000 mystique. Will it bolt right up to the trunk on my 1999 contour ?

Back