• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tuff Stuff VS Resolve carpet cleaner

svttour

Rico Suave
and the winner is............... RESOLVE CARPET CLEANER!

This stuff is amazing and it won in all tests vs the tuff stuff.

Sprayability: Resolve
Cleanability: Resolve
Appliability: Resolve

Spray it once use a small brush and wipe off with a clean rag. Thats all you need. Resolve uses an inverted spray pattern and it applied very generously on anything. Removes deep down dirt that Tuff Stuff could not do. I used Tuff Stuff one one panel and cleaned it. Went back with Resolve and it lifted so much dirt that Tuff Stuff could not even touch.

My wife was in the carpet business for several years and highly recommends Spot Shot. It doesn't leave a residue like some of the others (Resolve). Spray it on lightly, don't soak it, and then blot with a paper towel. She has three cats that throw up frequently and we buy a couple of cans at a time from Sam's Club.

I demand pics!!!

Yeah, let's see the cat puke!!!

I'll have to try Resolve. Always liked it for household messes. I need to give my car's carpet a good cleaning so I'll try the Resolve. I take it you used this one not just the carpet?

re. carpet cleaner

re. carpet cleaner

I was a detailer for three years. For in interior carpets that's not a bad approach for minor dirt and spot removal. For cleaning all the carpet I get great results with a 50/50 mix of a good G.P. Like simple green half water half or a little less simple green mix in a spray bottle. Heavily spray the carpet scrub with a medium size stiff nylon bristle brush and vacum with a good shop vac. (Remove filter for obvious reasons) hit stuborn spots with full strenght cleaner and repeat process with water to rinse and remove excess cleaner. Same deal for mats but I like to hose them of to rinse and alow to air dry then vac once dry. Its a good three or for hour project depending. On how dirty you car is inside but it will look awesome. Don't be afraid of the water in the car better to do in warm or hot weather leave windows cracked for a day or so after to help finish the drying of carpet. Also its a good idea to keep the mats out for a couple days as to not trap moisture. I might not have a lot of mechanical know how but I am a wealth of detailing knowledge. Thanks for all the great stuff on this site. Glad I found you guys.

I demand pics!!!

IMG_0655-1.jpg

bpillar.jpg

Before

seatbelt.jpg

After
seatbeltdone.jpg

Back