• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Car drying blades..

TK95Contour

CEG'er
Anybody have any opinions on these things? I only wash my car when im able to hand dry it but keeping dry towels and such tends to be a pain. So i checked into these rubber water blades , only thing is im worried about scratches and stuff. so what do you think??

I have two of them. My cars are black, so it would be apparent if they scratch, which they do not seem to. You want to make sure that you get one where the blade AND handle flex, instead of a silicone blade in a hard plastic handle. I believe that the "Jellyblade?" does this.

i have the california wiper blade that i picked up at my last job...no complaints here. they work great and speed up the drying process.

I use one all the time. California water blade. Never had any problems

Shouldnt have to worry about it scratching unless the car isnt completely clean.

I have the California blade also. I use it to take the majority of the water off and then use the microfiber towels to finish drying it.
No scratches either.
I wipe the blade off after each use and store it in the original packaging.

I have the California blade also. I use it to take the majority of the water off and then use the microfiber towels to finish drying it.
No scratches either.
Which is exactly how it should be done. :cool:

No scratches either.

we've been using them for the last several years with no problems...^that's the same process we follow as well...

I've used several over the years and never had a problem. Right now I'm using their jelly blade that is really flexible and works great.

I've used a CA drying blade for many years now w/out issue. You can quickly remove the majority of water from you car by flooding your car w/ the hose nozzle removed from the hose. This technique assumes that you have a nice coat of wax on the car to promote beading/sheeting.

I've used a CA drying blade for many years now w/out issue. You can quickly remove the majority of water from you car by flooding your car w/ the hose nozzle removed from the hose. This technique assumes that you have a nice coat of wax on the car to promote beading/sheeting.

^Best tip ever..I keep a good coat of wax on my car and this works great!! Barely has any water on it when you go to dry it, saves a lot of time... thanks!!

If you mean me.. Nothing special , i just used to have a 200k mile beater v6/mtx contour and i liked it so i searched for one in better shape with way more options...
Sorry about the crappy pics, cell phone.

MY95SE.jpg

If you mean me.. Nothing special , i just used to have a 200k mile beater v6/mtx contour and i liked it so i searched for one in better shape with way more options...
Sorry about the crappy pics, cell phone.

MY95SE.jpg
:cool: but go easy on the tire shine:laugh:

Back